Nearly two years ago, the world witnessed an inspiring and rare success—the coming together of nations to commit to fighting what many recognize as the single greatest threat to life on this planet: climate change. The Paris Accords represent much of what EcoLogic stands for: collaboration, hope, solidarity, resilience and, most of all, a vision of a better future for all. For EcoLogic, every single day is World Environment Day.
With the decision late last week to pull the United States out of this agreement, many of us felt angry, let down, even despondent. But EcoLogic firmly believes that in every challenge exists possibility. After all, that is exactly what we have learned from the people we work with in Central America and Mexico, day in, and day out. People who live difficult lives in sometimes unimaginably tough conditions, in a region considered one of the most vulnerable on Earth to climate-related shocks—pest outbreaks that destroy forests and food, food insecurity aggravated by prolonged drought and natural disasters—still find ways to band together and be creative and proactive in the face of daunting challenges.
At EcoLogic, our team and our partners have consistently pulled together, committed to doing all we can to collaborate and find ways to restore and protect land, water, and communities. We believe firmly that no one individual, no single administration in one country, can or should have the power to reverse collective momentum for good.
Please join us in taking a stand, not by shouting into the void but by helping EcoLogic and our partners empower communities most affected by climate change to take action and heal our planet. Together, we can do this.
Here are a few ways you can help:
- Share on Facebook: When It comes to the climate, we’re all in this together, and groups like @EcoLogicDevFund are helping illuminate the right path forward: http://www.ecologic.org/news-media/blog/take-a-stand-with-ecologic-for-the-climate/
- Share on Twitter: Take a Stand on #ClimateAction with @EcoLogicDevFund http://www.ecologic.org/news-media/blog/take-a-stand-with-ecologic-for-the-climate/ #ParisAgreement
- Donate to EcoLogic! Our work supports so much that is related to climate change, with rural communities who have a great deal on the line—sustainable agriculture, forest management, water conservation, and participatory planning strategies.
- Sign this petition and this letter.
- If you’re Boston-based, please consider joining us at a bipartisan march in Boston on Tuesday, June 13.
- Express support for legislation that makes the most sense to you. One example is the following: a bill at the Massachusetts State House that is expected to be introduced in support of the Commonwealth signing onto the Paris Agreement at the state level.
- Educate yourself and your friends and family.